Mariinsky Theater, St. Petersburg
The IV St. Petersburg International Legal Forum was held on the new stage of the Mariinsky theatre and the Eastern Wing of the General Staff Building, owned by the State Hermitage Museum, the large-scale reconstruction of which has been carried by one of the leading Russian architects, Nikita Yaveyn, in 2008-2014.
On June 20, 2014 the Plenary Session entitled “The Concept of Rule of Law in Legal Systems: Key Takeaways and Future Prospects” convened on the new stage of the Mariinsky theatre.
The guests of the Forum had a chance to appreciate the result of a long-term cooperation of Russian and foreign architects, “one of the most perfect theatre complexes of the world”, according to Valery Gergiev, the theatre’s director and the world famous conductor.
The project of the new building elaborated by the French architect Dominique Perrault, was confirmed in 2002. The fronts, roofing and interiors were designed by the Canadian Toronto-based architecture firm Diamond & Schmitt Architects.
General Staff Building, St. Petersburg
The main foyer, with its two levels, features rear-lit onyx stone walls that surround the auditorium and marble floors.
The discussion sessions were held in the Eastern Wing of the General Staff Building architected by Carlo Rossi in 1820-1830s to accomplish the Palace Square ensemble. The famous arch with quadriga, allegorical sculpture of the Russian triumph in the Patriotic War 1812, is the center of the composition forming a symmetrical axis with the central part of the Winter Palace. In XIX-XX centuries different state ministries were located in the Eastern Wing.
© “CC “SPBILF” Ltd 2011-2018.
The use of Web site materials for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of “CC “SPBILF” Ltd.